POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : all2pov released : Re: all2pov released Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: all2pov released
From: Warp
Date: 27 Aug 2008 11:41:55
Message: <48b575c3@news.povray.org>
Raffaele <nos### [at] nospamit> wrote:
> i was sure argv[0] contained the path to the
> current executable.

  Actually it's very rare for it to contain it.

> What does you suggest to get the path to the current
> executable? is there a c standard function to do so?

  There's no standard C or C++ function to do that. I'm not even sure
there's a POSIX function to do that (although there might be, as POSIX
as tons of things). I'm not even sure the OS is in any way required to
keep/provide this information to the application.

--
                                                          - Warp