POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : My first contribution troubres! : Re: My first contribution troubres! Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:06:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first contribution troubres!
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 20 Aug 2008 18:39:58
Message: <48ACB9E5.1090301@joplin.com>
Chris B wrote:

> I don't have Netscape installed, but I have Firefox which I think should
> be the same code base and I submitted stuff just a couple of hours ago.
> Have you tried coming out of the browser, logging on again and trying
> the same thing again? It might also be worth trying to clear the cache
> before trying again on the remote off-chance that the Javascript file in
> your cache didn't come down correctly.
>
> If it does the same thing consistently then it may take a little bit of
> debugging.
>
> The page uses Javascript when you hit the Browse button to hide that
> Browse button and create a new one so that you can submit an
> unconstrained number of files on the one form. It sounds like the
> Javascript is running (otherwise the button wouldn't dissappear). It
> must be running into problems before creating the new one. I don't think
> Netscape automatically displays Javascript errors, but it should have an
> option to view the error console (probably an option on the tools menu).
> To get a clean view of the problem you can 'clear' the panel, refresh
> the page and repeat the Browse operation. If that reveals a problem can
> you post what it says here.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris B.

I found the javascript error code(it was where ya thought) it's:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Index or size is negative or
greater than the allowed amount"  code: "1" nsresult: "0x80530001
(NS_ERROR_DOM_INDEX_SIZE_ERR)"  location:
"http://lib.povray.org/js/submission.js Line: 984"]

I also tried the suggestions you gave to solve the problem, but nothing
worked. Could my java be bad? I did have a 'melt down' a while back that
killed a lot of files, so much so that I reboot win98.