POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC thought on voting/rating : TC-RTC thought on voting/rating Server Time
25 Apr 2024 03:51:41 EDT (-0400)
  TC-RTC thought on voting/rating
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Jul 2008 09:02:39
Message: <48872bef$1@news.povray.org>
I just read again carefully milco2006's thread above, about not being able
to vote because he had not entered an image in previous rounds. I went to
the TC-RTC rules and read those carefully again.

After pondering this awhile, I believe there is a problem here. Suppose that
in the next round all entries are images by first-time submitters. According
to the rules, they would not be able to vote during that round. Only members
having submitted in previous rounds (but not in the discussed one) would be
able to vote. This seems very unfair to me. IMO, as soon as you submit an
image, you should be able to vote for that particular round. Only if you
have not submitted for three successive rounds, you should be excluded from
voting/rating. However, voting rights should then be granted again as soon
as you submit an image again.

The text of the rules should therefore be (maybe): "...a member is allowed
to rate pictures only if he has uploaded an entry in one of the last three
competitions, including the current one."

Am I understanding this correctly or am I daft?

Thomas