POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.object-collection : Related features as separate includes or collected into one? : Re: Related features as separate includes or collected into one? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:44:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Related features as separate includes or collected into one?
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Jun 2008 18:37:45
Message: <485ed439@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I see that someone has added a bunch of features to the collection, each
> one closely related to the others. For example HSLCube, HSLCylinder,
> HSLDoubleCone, HSLSphere, HSVCone, HSVCube, HSVCylinder, HSVSphere.
>
>   This raises an interesting question: When someone has a big bunch of
> closely related features (such as pigments or macros), should they be
> submitted as separate files, or should they be collected into one single
> include file and submitted as such?
>
>   Personally I prefer the latter option.

My personal preference would be to put them in a single archive, unless
the size of each makes downloading them all prohibitive, in which case
it makes sense to allow people to only download what they want and / or
need.

Of course, even with a 56k modem, most POV files download quite quickly
(unless they contain binaries).

...Chambers