POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Exporting from povray to Blender : Re: Exporting from povray to Blender Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exporting from povray to Blender
From: Alain
Date: 4 Apr 2008 14:15:50
Message: <47f67e66$1@news.povray.org>
aa nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2008/04/03 08:31:
> Hello gentlemens,
> does someone know if there is a way to export POVray content to the 3D
> modeler Blender.
> I have described a scene under POV and I want to rotate it in 3D but real
> time, in order to have a dynamic view of this.
> Another way to obtain it will be a script that would change the orientation
> of the scene in different axes and calculate one image per every move but
> obviously it requires a gargantuous amount of computing time!
>
> Please help me or buy me the best actual supercomputer ;-)
> thanks in advance
>
> Fab "Bobbyone" CAN habit

Is your scene composed mainly of meshes? Did you use some outside utility to
create those meshes? Yes: re-export in a format that Blender can use.
Can you convert the rest into meshes?

Do you use isosurfaces? Parametric objects? Complexe CSGs? Blobs? Then, NO! And,
no, I definitely can't afford to get you any kind of "super computer".

You may be beter recreating your scene specificaly for Blender.

--
Alain
You know you have been raytracing for too long when the animation you render