POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai Life #1 : Re: Bonsai Life #1 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:04:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai Life #1
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 23 Jan 2008 10:21:38
Message: <47975b82$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message
> Excellent work! I love your dualistic concept. It much appeals to my own
> perceptions. Your care for even the least detail is really amazing. This
> is going to be a very interesting and beautiful series.

Thanks!  Bonsai is, of itself, very dualistic.  The ideal bonsai would
arguably look like a miniature of a full size tree, so I attempted to
achieve that as well, while still keeping certain other cues, like the
larger-than-normal leaves.

Bonsai purists may hate me for this picture, however, as the introduction of
miniatures into a bonsai is most often frowned upon.  Of course, "live"
miniature people might be ok, if the Japanese had some handy.  ;-)