POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai Life #1 : Re: Bonsai Life #1 Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bonsai Life #1
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 22 Jan 2008 13:30:47
Message: <47963657$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:47961a7b$1@news.povray.org...
> Superb! I like everything about this.

Thank you!

> Quick idea's:
>
> o Girl on a swing with the lad pushing her.

I had already started on that concept, but had trouble getting the "on the
swing" pose to work with the clothes in Poser.  Nevertheless, that's one
idea that I really like, and will hopefully figure out a way to do it.

Actually, the child behind the tree is her little sister, but it's kind of
hard to tell here.  I just realized that I forgot to put the ribbon in the
hat, which should have made it a bit less ambiguous.  She looks something
like this: http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m2/totoro-1.jpg  Initially, there
was no little sister, but after watching "My Neighbor Totoro" again (a
couple months ago), that type of character seemed to fit, and she adds a bit
more to the story.

> o They could both be feeding the horse.
>
> o Girl exclaiming to her Beau to "Be careful Tommy!" whilst he's climbing
> the tree.

Now, I think you're starting to read my mind!  But I don't want to say too
much about this right now, as the concept is still somewhat vague, and I
have a lot of new technical challenges if I want to "pull it off", or so to
speak.  There may be other bonsai, in other pots...