POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bonsai Life #1 : Bonsai Life #1 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 03:10:03 EDT (-0400)
  Bonsai Life #1
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 22 Jan 2008 11:14:12
Message: <47961654@news.povray.org>
I've finally updated my scene from...  uhh...  Well, a long time ago,
anyway.

I replaced the old tree, with a new larger, more robust tree, and the
climbing vines are gone, though perhaps they'll return in another scene.
The bark is still not perfect, but I'm fairly happy with it.  I had to
modify the TomTree files themselves, since I was not able to get anything
decent via the tree macro's alone.

Just to recap, the idea here was not to have tiny folk running around on a
bonsai, but more to have two different scales coexisting together.  There is
both the miniature world, and the normal world, at the same time.  Gee, this
would have been a neat concept for the "Worlds within worlds" IRTC challenge
such a long time ago.

Well, anyway, I still hope to produce more images along this theme, hence
the "#1" in the title.  It's something that appeals to me quite a bit, so I
hope to make a few more.  :-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'BonsaiGirlA24.jpg' (189 KB)