POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : wiki.povray.org : Re: wiki.povray.org Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:51:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wiki.povray.org
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 28 Nov 2007 10:42:53
Message: <474d8c7d$1@news.povray.org>
zeroin23 wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 03:31:07 -0500, zeroin23 wrote:
>>
>>> is there an anonymous account that I can use? I really hate registering
>>> accounts to edit wiki. And it is a real pain to remember so many
>>> different password and login.
>> Nope, we explicitly set things up to require authentication so as to
>> limit spamming.
>>
>> I use Firefox, and it has the ability to save password/login info.  I'd
>> go that route (and in fact have).
>>
>> Jim
>
> you know right, by login, my opportunity cost have just increased thus resulting
> in me contributing less right? And if anyone were to spam here, we could always
> revert back right to pre-spam? is it really justified? if a spammer wants to,
> he can always automate and create dummy accounts to spam.

If you are serious about contributing, a login should be no burden at all.

Think about it, please: If, on the other hand you don't really care about
contributing, the work someone else needs to put into cleaning out the spam
caused by anonymous logins would outweigh the few anonymous contributions.
Thus, the overall net gain of anonymous logins is negative...

	Thorsten