POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Snowflake Generator for Windows : Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:46:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snowflake Generator for Windows
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 9 Nov 2007 19:23:09
Message: <4734f9ed$1@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge wrote:
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Are there any prerequisites that need to be installed?  Tried running
>> it under WINE and it just hung, and in W2K under VMware it seems to
>> crash out with no error message.  I actually get further under WINE (I
>> get the initial splash screen).
>>
>> I figure I must be missing a required dependency.
>>
>> Jim
>
> I have no idea how to help you. You might need to get Dev-C++ and
> recompiled it for your machine. What version of DirectX do you have?
>
> Sam
I didn't need Dev-C++ to run it on windows, so I'll guess that isn't the
problem.

A quick check of the call stack for snowflake1.exe gave me:
ntkrnlpa.exe
ntkrnlpa.exe!ProbeForRead
ntkrnlpa.exe!KeReleaseInStackQueuedSpinLockFromDpcLevel
ntdll.dll!KiFastSystemCallRet
kernel32.dll!Sleep
hge.dll

The hge.dll is included in the zip, but it could be that WINE isn't
finding it. You might check if the Haaf's Game Engine can run under
WINE. The other files I think are ones that WINE should handle.