POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New Challenge for November/December Stills : Re: New Challenge for November/December Stills Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Challenge for November/December Stills
From: St
Date: 19 Oct 2007 12:10:48
Message: <4718d708@news.povray.org>
"William Tracy" <wtr### [at] calpolyedu> wrote in message
>I just uploaded my image, and thought I'd take a moment to whine a bit. :-)
>
> I would really appreciate having the web page preserve my paragraphs in
> the descriptions. I apparently was a bit verbose, and everything got
> mooshed into impenetrable blobs of text. (When I hid edit, I see my
> formatting again, so its just an issue of how its displayed.)

    Ok, thanks William, I'll look into the display side of it. For me, it
would be nice to have it wider too, (if that's what you mean).

> Also, I could have sworn that I selected "United States", but the site
> says I am from the "United Kingdom", and I can't find a way to change it.

     Are you sure you didn't scroll your middle mouse button, (if you have
one)? I'm doing that all the time in winPoV when I select a res. and then
when the scene renders, I end up with either something small like 320x240,
or one of my custom resolutions of 3500x2400 without realising I've done
that!! LOL... :)

> Finally, it would be cool to have the option of uploading our source
> files. Not that anybody would want to see my code :-P but some people do
> have some neat techniques that would be great to steal^H^H^H^H^H learn
> from.

   Ok, this is something we haven't looked into yet, but you're right, in
the vein of free stuff and good will etc., this should still be allowed.
I'll mark it down as a priority, but it probably won't happen soon. Thanks
for reminding me with this one.

> That all said, having one page for each image is fantastic (yay for
> linking from outside!), the upload form is great, and it looks like
> voting is getting much nicer. Keep it up. :-)

    We're getting there. :) Thanks for your feedback William, much
appreciated, and thanks for entering.

      ~Steve~