POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New Challenge for November/December Stills : Re: New Challenge for November/December Stills Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:50:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Challenge for November/December Stills
From: William Tracy
Date: 18 Oct 2007 15:39:10
Message: <4717b65e$1@news.povray.org>
I just uploaded my image, and thought I'd take a moment to whine a bit. :-)

I would really appreciate having the web page preserve my paragraphs in
the descriptions. I apparently was a bit verbose, and everything got
mooshed into impenetrable blobs of text. (When I hid edit, I see my
formatting again, so its just an issue of how its displayed.)

Also, I could have sworn that I selected "United States", but the site
says I am from the "United Kingdom", and I can't find a way to change it.

Finally, it would be cool to have the option of uploading our source
files. Not that anybody would want to see my code :-P but some people do
have some neat techniques that would be great to steal^H^H^H^H^H learn from.

That all said, having one page for each image is fantastic (yay for
linking from outside!), the upload form is great, and it looks like
voting is getting much nicer. Keep it up. :-)

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom -- wtr### [at] calpolyedu

You know you've been raytracing too long when you have archived more
than thousand rendered frames of an animation onto a CD to avoid ever
having to re-render.
    -- Aaron Gage a.k.a Slartibartfast