POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with "no_image" and transparency? : Re: Problem with "no_image" and transparency? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:02:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with "no_image" and transparency?
From: Alain
Date: 26 Sep 2007 14:56:50
Message: <46faab72$1@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/26 11:41:
> Le 26.09.2007 15:17, Alain nous fit lire :
>
>> As minimal as you can:
>>
>> plane{z, 15 pigment{checker}finish{ambient 1} no_image}
>> sphere{<0,0,3>,1 pigment{rgbt 1}}
>>
>> It should be all black but you see the checker pigment through the sphere.
>>
> does it mean we need no_transmission and no_refraction also ?

No. Just make no_image work coherently between versions, and according to the
documentations.

An object with no_image is normaly invisible, but still cast shadows and show in
reflections.

An object with no_reflection is visible, cast shadow, but don't show in reflections.

An object with no_shadow is visible normaly and in reflections but don't cast
any shadow.

--
Alain
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol is a major factor in dancing like a retard.