POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problem with "no_image" and transparency? : Re: Problem with "no_image" and transparency? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:34:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with "no_image" and transparency?
From: Warp
Date: 25 Sep 2007 02:58:19
Message: <46f8b18a@news.povray.org>
Ansgar <Tem### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> no_image
> no_shadow
> inverse

> With the latest beta, weird things happen to object that have a transparent
> or semi-transparent surface. While the exterior surface is correctly made
> transparent, the then-visible interior is not... it shows the texture of
> that sphere instead.

  Are you sure this doesn't happen with POV-Ray 3.6 too? Because I can't
see anything logically wrong with that behavior according to the settings
you have specified. ('no_image' means that the object is ignored for rays
shot directly from the camera, ie. the first recursion rays, but when a
ray goes through an object it's not a first-recursion ray anymore.)

--
                                                          - Warp