POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting question II : Re: Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting q= Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:48:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ping-of-life message: 8 days remaining until change of topics, voting q=
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 27 Aug 2007 07:35:44
Message: <46d2b710$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> That must be mine. I was in a rush to get it posted and hassled by lack of
> time and bad traveling experiences at the weekend.

Yes, it is. Well, with two to choose from, the chance was about 50% ;)

> As for the image it is a traditional cyclic doodle. I would have liked to
> put more moving elements but was limited by the modeler in its present
> state.

Don't i know that... though i must admit, playing with my new toys
(Cinema 10.1 + new computer) has broadend my toolchest and options to
create scenes in 3D significantly. :)

> What can I say about the scene? Well obviously we are looking at someone in
> a Black Robe with two companions but why is one of them unclothed and the
> other looking pensive? What entity, streams bodies from one place to
> another in a surreal environment?

Oops. I was actually hoping for answers to those :)

> Questions, questions and I have no answers, only a viewport to this sphere
> of existence.

Ah, it's sort of "bringing alive a mental image" or doing a "living
freeze-frame". This is something i've not even thought about. Inspiring!
Leaves the viewer with a lot to think and wonder about. Me, i'm somehow
stuck in the less artistic, more manufactural "getting that inner
movie/script thing on the screen" mode... :S

Your scene brought (for me) quite a lot of associations, most from
dystopian Sci-Fi films, i'll readily admit. "Ambulance", "Minority
Report", even the multimedia elements of Mike Oldfield's "Songs of
Distant Earth" ("Hibernaculum") or maybe something like the "decanting"
plant described in Huxley's Brave New World...

-M