POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : 13 days to go, and a question re: voting on TC-RTC... : Re: 13 days to go, and a question re: voting on TC-RTC... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:55:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 13 days to go, and a question re: voting on TC-RTC...
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 18 Aug 2007 20:23:35
Message: <46c78d87@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
> "Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>
>    Hi Markus
>

>> two things:
>>
>> a)
>> - 13 days until the next deadline/topic at http://tc-rtc.co.uk/
>> - Nothing new on the IRTC main page.
>> But you knew that already, didn't you?
>

>     Of course! :o)  My friend, if I had control of it, it would all be
> there - everything. But I don't have control, even though I'm the owner (no,
> we're the owner).

Does that mean that there's a new IRTC admin? (or is it just
figure-of-speech? ;)

Regarding the "vote only during deadline" thing:

>     This has more or less been put to me in email too, and all I can say is
> that Colin is thinking about it. He is aware of this problem, but finds it
> an 'interesting' problem. His initial response was "Let's run it as it is
> for 6 months first."  -  "Let's see what happens." I kind of agree with this
> because for a start, there won't be many animations, and there won't be many
> stills, (not like the heyday of the IRTC - (I think I've seen 80+ images in
> one round), but, with the help of you guys, this just might change.

Ah, might as well brace myself for a solid (0/0/0) rating
this time, then ;)

>      Man, those are good. That's all I can say.    :oO

Nah, it's just throwing more time than i probably should at
a hobby ... :) though i may later give this one enough
polish so that i can enter it at our local short film
festival next year - if i dare. Somehow, no matter what i
try, it never feels "good enough" to me.

Just wait until you've seen the monk's walk cycle. Ugly :(
despite that i've just spent three hours placing 500
keyframes. Guess i'll need clever editing to pick the best
pieces, keeping fingers crossed that the cloth effect hides
the knees... and cut it up into short 3-seconds-pieces to
bring some feeling of speed to the intro sequence.

Well, here goes nothing. I've just started the overnight
render because i'm under the "running-out-of-time" feeling
again. Am robably going to throw away the result first thing
in the morning because i've missed something ...

Man, do i admire Jon VanSickle and his robots with their
built-in leg logic. These can walk by themselves, if i've
read the descriptions of previous rounds correctly. That
sure is handy...

-M