POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : 13 days to go, and a question re: voting on TC-RTC... : Re: 13 days to go, and a question re: voting on TC-RTC... Server Time
18 Apr 2024 20:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 13 days to go, and a question re: voting on TC-RTC...
From: St
Date: 18 Aug 2007 15:27:19
Message: <46c74817@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
> Hi,

   Hi Markus

> two things:
>
> a)
> - 13 days until the next deadline/topic at http://tc-rtc.co.uk/
> - Nothing new on the IRTC main page.
> But you knew that already, didn't you?

    Of course! :o)  My friend, if I had control of it, it would all be
there - everything. But I don't have control, even though I'm the owner (no,
we're the owner). This thing is out of my league in the coding department at
the moment. BUT, that's not to say that I can't learn. ;) I've seen what it
looks like on the screen, and I think I can handle it. (We'll see!)  ;)

> b) i'm a bit unsure how the voting on the TC-RTC website works. There's
> the upload time limit, and one can vote during the upload time (i.e. while
> the round is still incomplete). Is there some "after-closing" timeframe
> where one can continue to vote? i.e. someone's *cough* entry that will
> definitely need to be submitted very very close to the deadline can not be
> voted on at all if voting closes with the deadline, too ;)
>
> Any insights on this?

    This has more or less been put to me in email too, and all I can say is
that Colin is thinking about it. He is aware of this problem, but finds it
an 'interesting' problem. His initial response was "Let's run it as it is
for 6 months first."  -  "Let's see what happens." I kind of agree with this
because for a start, there won't be many animations, and there won't be many
stills, (not like the heyday of the IRTC - (I think I've seen 80+ images in
one round), but, with the help of you guys, this just might change.

       I'll keep you (all) updated where and when  I can.

    (Don't go just yet Markus, see below...)

> -Markus
>
> --
>
> <grins madly, waves album of preview images, ignoring groans from the
> audience>
>
> The apprentice and the robe:
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070815_223935_snap_81575.jpg
>
> Oooh, mysterious drawing on the dungeon floor:
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070818_121445_snap_44085.jpg
>
> Whoops, that's not supposed to happen:
> http://wip.anthrosphinx.de/episode010/20070818_122241_snap_44561.jpg

     Man, those are good. That's all I can say.    :oO

       ~Steve~