POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poseray: what controls the specular size? : Re: Poseray: what controls the specular size? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:58:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poseray: what controls the specular size?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Jul 2007 04:08:55
Message: <46aaf997$1@news.povray.org>
"fls13" <fls### [at] netzeronet> schreef in bericht
> My suggestion is to build your own material library directly for Povray
> and
> save it as a text file. Then when you import the scene, you do have to do
> some copying and pasting and maybe some other text editing if you use an
> image map, but you know what you're getting.

Oh yes, of course, I do that quite a lot as a matter of fact. My point
really was that I got intrigued by the way different applications simulate,
e.g. specular, and how that translates to POV-Ray. Initially, in my naive
thinking, I thought that the approach would be the same from all
applications, but of course that just isn't true. interesting experiments,
though...

Thomas