POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poseray: what controls the specular size? : Re: Poseray: what controls the specular size? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 17:52:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poseray: what controls the specular size?
From: FlyerX
Date: 18 Jul 2007 14:15:03
Message: <469e58a7$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas,

There is a specular size that controls the roughness value in the
materials tab of PoseRay. PoseRay uses specular+roughness for
highlights. In Poser this is controlled by the highlight size and in
DAZ|Studio it is the glossiness in the advanced tab for each surface.

DAZ|Studio has a bug that results in exported scenes with full specular
strength. Specular strength in DAZ|Studio is a multiplier of the
highlight color. The only reason I see this parameter exists is for
changing the amount of highlight without changing the RGB ratio of the
highlight. Rather useless.

later,

FlyerX