POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Before and After and new website : Re: Before and After and new website Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:44:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before and After and new website
From: Shay
Date: 17 May 2007 11:58:02
Message: <464c7b8a$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Well okay but I guess I have a philosophical question:
> If I can't see these things when I look at it is that extra
> effort adding to the picture?

You *can* see those things, but you'll have to take my word for it. I
don't mean subconsciously, either. A crappy-looking comparison render
render *with* randomly selected letters would plainly show the
difference letter selection makes. Color blending makes as large a
difference. A good percentage of commenters (even those who took nothing
thematically from the image) found the image aesthetically attractive.

IMO, deconstructing my image with comparison renders or code/preudocode
samples would take away from it. However effective the image may or may
not be, I am intent of presenting it at face value.

 -Shay