POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Poser figures and radiosity : Re: Poser figures and radiosity Server Time
18 Apr 2024 05:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser figures and radiosity
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Apr 2007 04:48:34
Message: <462489e2$1@news.povray.org>
"Ive" <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> schreef in bericht news:4623ac0c@news.povray.org...
> Hi Thomas,
>
> in addition to the things already mentioned:
>
> for poser figures with radiosity that are NOT very close or
> dominant in the screen I do the following:
>
> avoid the usage of transmapped hair, use solid hair caps
> (like the poser 4 hair styles which will - with a little fiddling
> around - also fit the Mike, Vicky and Aiko figures)
>
> remove the transmapped eyelashes or dial them
> VERY short and use them with a solid color.
>
> avoid any  transmapped dresses
>
> do not use the (realistic,  transparent and reflective) cornea
> but simply use the eye image_map on the cornea and remove
> the eyeball, iris and pupil.
>

> and well, if the figure is too close so the above mentioned will
> not work I use insane radiosity settings like count 1600
> with error_bound 0.3 and wait a for many days...

Thank you Ive! Some of your recommendations I have not used indeed, others
were. What I mainly see are artifacts on the skin! And that is more
difficult to get rid of, despite slimplifying the texture to the utmost. I
found however, that it may help to have a little shadowless light to
brighten up the shadows a tiny bit.

Thomas