POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : So, what are we gonna do? : Re: So, what are we gonna do? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:50:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what are we gonna do?
From: St
Date: 15 Apr 2007 19:38:09
Message: <4622b761$1@news.povray.org>
"Verm" <pov### [at] thirteeendynucom> wrote in message

> I think its an important point that any competition no matter how
> automated will need some human supervision and it would be very desirable
> for it to be organised so it didn't rely on just one person.
>
> Holidays/ deaths / births / marriages / equipment failures / incarceration
> / illness etc can all present long or short term interferences with
> someone's ability to run an event and it would be wise to try plan around
> the "hit by a bus" scenario.

     Extremely good points Verm! However, I'm sure my time won't be up just
yet, so everything should be fine for now. BUT, just in case, (eek!)  I will
look into this, and hopefully appoint someone that will be as proficient as
I hope to be.

> Even without anything bad happening someone needs to make sure Steve is
> allowed to go on holidays :- ).

      Holiday? Now there's a strange word...  ;)

> *I'd rather not make more long term commitments ... but would be willing
> if needed...

     And there's the proof of the pudding - once a Tracer, always a Tracer.
Thank you Verm, will put you on the list if you don't mind.

       ~Steve~