POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Confirm Topic And Completion Date : Re: Confirm Topic And Completion Date Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:56:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Confirm Topic And Completion Date
From: dbott
Date: 15 Apr 2007 12:48:48
Message: <46225770$1@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] anthrosphinxde> wrote in message
> St. wrote:
> >       No, 'The Black Robe" was just an example Darin. Of course, you can
go
> > with this subject if you all want to, or if you all want me to, I'll
pick
> > another one for you.
> >
> >      As for the Anims completion date, that would be for you all to
decide
> > on. The present Stills competition (Before and After) will end on the
30th
> > April. If you want the Anims to tie-in with the Stills, I don't see why
the
> > Anims is every 4 months - would this be too long? Or would 2 months be
too
> > short?
>
> Hi,
>
> -> just stating my own opinion here - will also bend to the
> majority ;) <-
>
> four months is OK - that's 120 days, and more chance to
> sneak working on 3D in between this "real life" i've been
> hearing so much about ;)
>
> 60 days is a bit short for animations (esp. if modelling is
> included - i find that it takes more than 2/3 of the time i
> spend on an animation)
>
> I also was under the impression of "The black robe" being
> the next topic.
>
> For a timeframe, i think months-aligned (i.e. 30/31/1st)
> should do nicely.
>
> OK, i'm going back to building a bigger spaceship now...
>
> -Markus
>
> --
> Current Song: "Lit" : "Over my Head" (Titan A.E. Soundtrack)

Yes - I agree with Markus --- I like 4 months. It will give us plenty of
time
to produce a praiseworthy animation. This will also tie-in nicely with the
stills comp.
Also, it might be kinda fun to have one topic for both stills and
animation....
One could look at the interpretation of a still picture (and then click)
to see the interpretation in animation. (interesting ????)
However, the still and animation topic will not be concurrent on completion
date
which should not make a difference. If the web page is designed properly,
one will
see the evolution of this scheme.

These are only suggestion. By consolidating same topic and completion dates
for stills and animations; it should make managing the web site easier to
start with.

.....Ok,  I think animation should join in on the next topic starting after
April 30th
this will help get animation involved in the new web site. It was starting
to feel like
we were not part of it.

Thanx  ~Steve~  for keeping the this community alive.