POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Status? : Re: Status? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 01:48:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Status?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 10 Apr 2007 14:06:33
Message: <461bd229$1@news.povray.org>
i_need_a_unique_name wrote:
> I for one have harldy got started on the space colony (with house move and
> arm breakages getting in the way) - I'd love to finish it 'cos I quite like
> my idea even if my rendering/modelling isn't upto it. Though if folks want
> to move on to another topic I'd guess I'd follow.

Same here (minus the house move and arm breakages ... ;)

Why not move the timeframe for the somehow-interim "Space
Settlement" topic to May 1st? (and keep following topic with
a 3- or 4-months timeframe, so that it falls together with
every other stills competition?)

> .... though we seem to be lacking a competition infrastructure ... I'm
> tempted now things are settling down at home just to write one myself and
> host it in my shed.

That would be great! With the IRTC it feels like it's still
the same situation: only thing missing is some web home and
someone that declares a topic every now and then ;)

I must admit i've even put something up on YouTube (two
older samples of vfx's i made for a small faerytale parody)
- man, i thought the MPEG compression loss for the IRTC was
bad, but ... you know, YouTube flash video ... yuck... and
already got 165 visitors (and a comment! Wow...). Odd. I'm
still uneasy with YouTube's "we can use your stuff for our
promotion anytime anywhere" rules...

-Markus