POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New topic? : Re: New topic? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 15:45:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New topic?
From: St
Date: 20 Jan 2007 15:55:54
Message: <45b281da$1@news.povray.org>
"milco2006" <mil### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Hmm, the mystery deepens. Your idea of contacting admin is not a bad one
> however that last document that you flagged up would infer that might be
> not as easy as you might imagine. Notably though some of us wouldn't mind
> spending a good bit of time just to find out the next topic and see the
> continuation of our beloved competition.

       I've offered to help twice now, (once in a previous thread, and now
in this thread). Nobody listens and nobody that's official replies. In fact,
I can't remember when an IRTC official has replied to any post in the five
years that I've known about the IRTC and its groups - ever. (I could be
wrong about that, but seeing as the IRTC admins are invisible, I wouldn't
know).

     When I say that I would like to help with the IRTC *topic*, I mean that
I would want to make sure that the topic is updated on time so that everyone
can get on with the next round if they want to - stills or anims. You know,
take some pressure off the guys that do all the downloading/uploading of
stills and anims, (appreciated from me).

  I'm always here, I work from home and run a serious commercial website. My
main computer (this one) never goes down, and even if it did, I have two
others spare that are working just fine.

    It only needs someone, (admin), to tell me the right way to do it,
(which I can handle), and it's a done deal.

     Let's face it, the first topic of this year isn't going to happen this
time around, (not properly anyway) and if it does, everyone has FIVE (or
less) weeks to complete their offering now. From my experience, that isn't
long enough.

    My 'offer' is still valid.

   (BTW, welcome Malcolm, enjoy the rest of the PoV groups (everything else
works just fine).   :o)

      ~Steve~