POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : For the wishlist... : Re: For the wishlist... Server Time
24 Apr 2024 12:09:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For the wishlist...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 16 Jan 2007 10:40:28
Message: <45acf1ec$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> I agree too. Creating meshes from a csg then being able to subdivide it is
> nice feature but working with a version of Pov from 2004 is a pain. Even
> making the Moray 3.5 features work with Pov 3.6 would be more useful than
> mesh editing.
> One feature from Hugo Arnaut's Bishop3D that is really good is the ability
> to import Pov SDL. It has limitations but it is developing well.

Now that you mention it, I believe that the conversion from CSG to mesh is a
useful item in itself, but then I prefer to export the result and work
further in Silo with that. It works not so well with Wings however, because
the conversion is not that perfect and a lot of transparant faces are
created, but Silo manages quite well.
Bisho3D looks interesting. I have not experimented with it, though.

Thomas