POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : PNG output much brighter than preview... : Re: PNG output much brighter than preview... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 04:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PNG output much brighter than preview...
From: Warp
Date: 14 Jan 2007 17:50:04
Message: <45aab39c@news.povray.org>
Gamma, gamma, gamma... Each time I read something about gamma, it's
a problem with it. It seems to me that gamma only causes problems and
doesn't actually solve any. There are tons and tons of graphical
software out there which do just *fine* without any gamma at all to
worry about.

  How about if we dropped everything related to gamma from povray?
Who needs it anyways? It just fumbles things up and makes people
struggle because they can't get what they want.
  What is the most common thing people use assumed_gamma for in
povray 3.6? Trying to get rid of it! That's what.

  Ok, I apologize for the ranting.

--
                                                          - Warp