POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API : POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:55:56 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.7 Beta 17 and GUI-Extension API
From: Hugo
Date: 3 Dec 2006 21:49:10
Message: <45738ca6$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I did some experiments with the latest POV-Ray 3.7 version available for
MS-Windows platform (Beta 17) and a minimal GUI-Extension project that I
wrote for testing purposes. I believe that something is broken in the
GUI-Extension API.

POV-Ray 3.7 loads the GUI-Extension library normally but I can't get any
information about the rendered pixels from POV-Ray, i.e. the
GUI-Extension functions DisplayPlot(), DisplayPlotRect(), WinPrePixel(),
WinPostPixel() and WinAssignPixel() are never called (I *do* initialize
correctly the PointerBlock structure - everything works fine with
POV-Ray 3.6)

It is also not possible to stop the render via the GUI-Extension API:
POV-Ray receives the request and prints 'rendering stopped by GUI
extension' in the message pane but the render does not stop (this is not
a new problem, it happens with POV-Ray 3.6 too).

Hugo
--
www.bishop3d.com