POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : animation within animation : Re: animation within animation Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:37:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation within animation
From: Alex McMurray
Date: 27 Oct 2006 02:49:25
Message: <4541abf5@news.povray.org>
"Charles C" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.45419da58edb802b772850b00@news.povray.org...
> Hi.  First of all, I should mention that I'm not a Moray user...
>
> When you did animations in the past were you doing the animating portion
> in
> Moray or in Pov-Ray?  If you're already used to converting numbers &
> associating segments of animation in Pov-Ray with different values of
> clock
> or frame_number it's a good start.

I used both in the past, Moray for quick tests to see that it comes out as
it should, then PovRay for the final movie.

> If you've got some software which can convert your video into a sequence
> of
> numbered files (similar to what Pov-Ray outputs in animation mode) then
> with some string-manipulation you should be able to read in individual
> frames of video and slap them onto your 3d model using image_map
> (3.5.1.5.1
> in docs).
>
> What format is the video in? Maybe somebody will have a suggestion for
> turning the video into individual frames....

At the moment the video is still on 8mm Digital tape, my video software,
Pinnacle Studio 9 is capable of saving in multiple formats.
I was hoping not to go down the road of having to save the video as
individual images, hoping to find a patch or shortcut that would allow a
video to be taken frame by frame directly off the video file, but if there
is none, then that is the way I will have to go.

The reason being that I wanted to have a number of movies within movies
going at the same time, as in a series of screens with video images going
on, and the camera dollies past each one.
There will be a large number of images for 4 or 5 files.

Thanks anyway.

Alex.