POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Medieval house #4 : Re: Medieval house #4 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:51:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Medieval house #4
From: Marc
Date: 28 Sep 2006 08:38:54
Message: <451bc25e@news.povray.org>

451bb480$1@news.povray.org...

> "Marc" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht
> >
> > Wow there is stuff enough to build Shortstreet (which as everybody knows
> > is
> > the longest street in Ankh-Morpok)
> >

> Oh, by the way, I have been long aware of Terry Pratchett's work, but
never
> really read them. Now, because of this discussion about Ankh-Morpork, I
got
> to the public library and selected (at random) The Fifth Elephant. Well,
not
> so at random, they do not have that much in English, most is in Dutch
> translation which I like less. Anyway, funny story and some funny
> *trouvailles* (how do you say that in English??). I enjoy it. I get a
> feeling about the city now...
>
> Thomas

I'm glad if  it was the occasion to  introduce you to /(on?) Discworld :-)
You're happy that novels can be read at random because it is about the 24th
one in edition order.
I didnt read it yet because it has not  been issued yet in paperback edition
in French.
BTW French translation is rather good and I happen to know the French
translator, Patrick Couton who is half musician half translator  (though I
didn't meet him for some years)
He got an award for his work on Discworld cycle.

But we are slightly drifting o-t ;-)

Marc