POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Unknown internal error : Unknown internal error Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:54:28 EDT (-0400)
  Unknown internal error
From: Vaclav Cermak
Date: 4 Sep 2006 07:02:07
Message: <44fc07af$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

   I tried Linux POV 3.7.0-beta14 with some bigger production scene and
it failed after renderging was complete with this error:

<snip>
Render Time:
   Photon Time:      No photons
   Radiosity Time:   No radiosity
   Trace Time:       0 hours  5 minutes 18 seconds (318.957 seconds)
               using 2 thread(s) with 0.-02 CPU-seconds total
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'pov_base::Exception'
   what():  Unknown internal error!
make: *** [0final01.ppm] Killed
make: *** Deleting file `0final01.ppm'

Unfortunately, I cannot post the scene to a public forum :(. Has anybody
some idea, how to determine the problem more accurate? (I'll try to
switch off some parts of the scene, but it will take some time and may
not lead to any good result, some more detailed error description from
POV may be useful.)

Best regards

Vaclav