POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RFC: Wishlist/features : Re: Wishlist/features Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:43:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wishlist/features
From: Steve Shelby
Date: 15 Aug 2006 18:01:23
Message: <44e24433$1@news.povray.org>
Hi, Lutz, nice to hear from you.

Here are a few things I'd like to see (given time I could think of more)

1. More node points on the rotational sweep.
2. The ability to quantify the movement (translate, scale, rotate) of points
or faces in mesh editing.
3. The ability to change the center of rotation on a mesh in the mesh
editor.
4. A solution to this problem: when a large enough number of objects is put
into a scene, Moray slows down to a crawl. I'm pretty sure it has to do with
Open-GL having to draw every single object. This has nothing to do with
parsing or rendering time. Maybe if objects could be put into a box, which
could be sized as desired, and then only a wireframe of the box would show,
like the POVinclude plugin....
5. Resolve compatibility problems with certain video card drivers, for
instance I cannot update my ATI drivers and still use Moray 3.5. Another
thing I'm not sure is related, every once in a while, when I start Moray,
just before it opens, I get the blue screen of death, and the machine
reboots and goes into checkdisk.

Steve Shelby