POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : waiting... : Re: waiting... Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:37:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waiting...
From: St
Date: 8 Jun 2006 23:44:51
Message: <4488eeb3@news.povray.org>
"scott" <spa### [at] spamcom> wrote in message news:44885b4f@news.povray.org...
>>> This must be the longest waiting for results on the IRTC ever.
>>> Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?
>>
>>       I think it's because the guys are updating the povray.org
>> website.
>>        But yes, it is the longest time, (that I know of anyway).

> It's come up before, and basically they refused help from anyone.

      Well, no, I know that they accepted help from at least one other guy
that I know of, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Such a
> shame as I'm sure a faster response would encourage more people to take an
> interest.

      It is a shame that after all these years, the IRTC isn't the the
biggest and best tracing comp out there - it should be by now shouldn't it?

      I'm just wondering what else could be done to 'beef' it up generally,
and get it working properly. I have to say though, that with all my
enthusiasm in my reply to Norbert in this thread, that I was really quite
disappointed with the last round. I've never marked so low as I did with
this one.

     Anyway, here are some suggestions for all to play with:

o- Some kind of filter/rule to weed out unfinished/poor images. This will
then at least project a more 'serious' side to the comp.

o- We should have a dedicated team of volunteers - the more the merrier
because 'down time' with Real Life wouldn't be so much of a problem if
shared out.

o- Let's introduce prizes, nothing big, but something like a (framed?)
poster from Zazzle for the top six, (they each receive their own image).
Quick thought - there could be a sub-competition whereby all top winners
over the whole year are voted on, and the overall winner receives a
trophy/something for that year.

o- Dedicated view/vote/comment/result dates would be nice.

   ~Steve~