POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car study : Re: Car study Server Time
18 Apr 2024 18:38:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car study
From: scott
Date: 3 Jun 2006 09:53:41
Message: <44819465$1@news.povray.org>
> Wow... Excellent modelling, I am very jealous, I still have not
> managed to get to grips with Wings and modelling things like this
> are too much of a challenge for CSG. Currently I am trying out
> blender to see if that is any easier does anyone have an opinion as
> to which modeller is better?

I'm also trying both out, currently I prefer Blender but I find two things
annoying.  Firstly the way you rotate the 3D view with the mouse is weird,
nothing like Wings, 3DS Max or Pro Engineer etc, I can never get the view
orientated the way I want very easily.  At the moment I waste lots of time
just trying to look at the right part!  The other thing is you cannot apply
a bevel to one edge at a time, you have to do the whole mesh.  I find
Blender generally easier for mesh work though, it's much easier to combine
vertices, extrude edges, make/delete faces etc.  Wings seems to have weird
rules about what you can and can't do.