POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Funky Granules : Re: Funky Granules Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funky Granules
From: Anthony D'Agostino
Date: 16 Apr 2006 18:45:46
Message: <4442c91a$1@news.povray.org>
> Were you referreing to my original pic?  It's radiosity-only lighting.

Yes, the csg sphere on the checkered floor. I've been trying to do the same
thing with a python script, blender, and yafray. I haven't used POV in a
while. Is "radiosity-only lighting" some sort of Ambient Occlusion? In other
words, a very large sky-dome surrounds the entire scene and the object is
lit based on how much each point on the surface can see the sky?