POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Request? : Re: Request? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 08:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request?
From: St
Date: 15 Jan 2006 00:36:07
Message: <43c9df47@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
>I second that motion! I was rather frustrated judging this round because I
>couldn't tell if certain entries were by newbies trying hard or more
>experienced people who were hardly trying. This greatly affects how I write
>my comments, though doesn't really affect my scoring.

  Exactly! It's not hard to score, (well...), but commenting becomes a
hassle to the point where I've deleted some of my comments. I don't want to
'talk down' to someone with better experience than myself, (and there are
*many* out there), but at the same time, I know I can offer valid comments
to less experienced than me, but I just don't know who they are. Some
indication of experience would help a lot with commenting.

> Usually I just deduce it from the description, a detailed description
> usually means a lot of effort went in, a short one usually means the
> entrant is being lazy... but not always. This time I noticed a bunch of
> entries that seem to be related (possibly a class of schoolkids entered,
> as has happened before), and none of them provided much info in the text
> files, but I guess they were all newbies so I tried to leave good
> comments.

 At the very least, I think every entrant should *have* to reply to the
"DESCRIPTION OF HOW THIS IMAGE WAS CREATED:" Even if it is short.

> Also, I think experience is more relevant than age, there's plenty of old
> noobs :)

  True, and with my experience, I'll put myself in that bracket, ;o) but I'm
finding it difficult to comment on this round, to say the least.

        ~Steve~