POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Request? : Re: Request? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 00:47:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request?
From: Tek
Date: 14 Jan 2006 15:43:38
Message: <43c9627a$1@news.povray.org>
I second that motion! I was rather frustrated judging this round because I
couldn't tell if certain entries were by newbies trying hard or more
experienced people who were hardly trying. This greatly affects how I write
my comments, though doesn't really affect my scoring.

Usually I just deduce it from the description, a detailed description
usually means a lot of effort went in, a short one usually means the entrant
is being lazy... but not always. This time I noticed a bunch of entries that
seem to be related (possibly a class of schoolkids entered, as has happened
before), and none of them provided much info in the text files, but I guess
they were all newbies so I tried to leave good comments.

Also, I think experience is more relevant than age, there's plenty of old
noobs :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com