POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : Difference : Re: Difference Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:54:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Difference
From: Alvaro Blanco
Date: 7 Dec 2005 12:39:21
Message: <43971e49$1@news.povray.org>
Hello Roman, Thanks for your quick response.
Maybe I was also too quick when I wrote the question.
The problem is the folowing:

Imagine that I have 2 boxes: 1 is red and the other is blue and they are
one ontop of the other. If I cut this with a Black box I obtain a black
edge. But i want the edge red and blue. It is not a problem of total
pigments or final pigments (or textures), the problem is that i want to
see the "real" cut of the first object. Maybe this is just fundamental
problem in Pov-ray because all objects are empty and you only see
surfaces. I was just wondering if anybody have had this problem and have
  solved it. Imagine that you have a Ham and Cheese Sandwich and u cut
it with a red knife. I don't want to see a red cut but the edge of the
bread, the ham and the cheese.

Alvaro