POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : MPI patch for povray 3.5c : Re: MPI patch for povray 3.5c Server Time
18 Apr 2024 23:44:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MPI patch for povray 3.5c
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 29 Nov 2005 09:10:42
Message: <438c6162$1@news.povray.org>
Vadim wrote:
> For those who are interested in parallel versions of Povray - I found an
> easy way to do this with any version of Povray. :) Read this article:
>
> http://u.pereslavl.ru/~vadim/MCSharp/docs/povray/index.php

... which happens to contain various incorrect statements about the
development of POV-Ray.  In particular the lengthy paragraph about the
"owner" and "developer" of POV-Ray is all wrong.  Persistence of Vision
Raytracer Pty. Ltd. only holds the copyright in order to protect individual
developers (against patent lawsuits, illegal use of POV-Ray, etc), it does
not develop POV-Ray.  This is a same setup similar to what most open source
projects are forced to use these days.  The paragraph also claims the
official version is not developed by volunteers, which is plain wrong, too.

	Thorsten