POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : YAFR : Re: YAFR Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:59:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YAFR
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Nov 2005 03:27:59
Message: <4385798f@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> schreef in bericht
> Yet another feature request.
> I'm finding that having usable hierarchical object names is incovenient,
> as well as running into the object name-length limit...but using
> hierarchical number scheme is troublesome to remember what it means.

I support this. The fact that one can change the names of all objects in a
scene is not enough indeed. Extra info is often required, especially in
complex scenes, like Tim said. What Tim proposes could then be translated in
commented text in POV-Ray during render.

Thomas