POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : CSG Tutorial Anywhere? : Re: CSG Tutorial Anywhere? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 11:35:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG Tutorial Anywhere?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Nov 2005 03:38:40
Message: <43799e90@news.povray.org>
I don't know about an available tutorial, but there are a few simple rules
you have to follow (identical to those of POV-Ray):

- always build your CSG's at the origin, and only afterwards transform them
to their proper size/orientation/location
- always follow the golden rule of transformation: scale - rotate -
translate, in that precise order
- if necessary, move the CSG's axis origin (by switching to local
coordinates)
- incidentally - although this is slightly off topic - play with the limits
and freeze possibilities

I hope this helps a bit.

Thomas