POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : New topic: speed : Re: New topic: speed Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:59:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New topic: speed
From: Skip Talbot
Date: 11 Nov 2005 14:17:04
Message: <4374ee30$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:

>>2/ a motion blurred car chase (okay that's basically the same as your
>
> one!)
>
> boat chase/race would be more interesting with all the water
> reflections/refractions and spray kicked up. probably easier with less parts
> to model on a boat than a car.

Yes, but then the water would become the challenging part.  Having
realistic looking waves and boats that interact with those waves seemes
like it is quite a feat.

> an adaptain of "The Tortoise and the Hare" (i think Bugs Bunny is stuck in
> my head now)... a turtle with a rocket strapped to it's shell. heh, anything
> with a rocket strapped to it ;)

The tortoise with the rocket strapped to its shell is a bit cliche and I
think you are going to find several similar attempts during this round.
  However, if well executed it has much potential.

Skip