POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Does size matter ? : Re: Does size matter ? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:53:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does size matter ?
From: Tek
Date: 31 Aug 2005 04:22:56
Message: <431568e0$1@news.povray.org>
Well a previous image I entered (in the loneliness round) was
deliberately very large, because I wanted to emphasize the scale of the
subject matter, but I was criticised for that. Personally I say go for
it if you think forcing people to scroll around to see the whole thing
is important to your image, but be prepared for some criticism.

Also, on the subject of file size, I've entered 2 pictures for this
round so far: the galaxy "everything" picture, and "over, down, and in",
both of which can be seen in p.b.i. Anyway, the galaxy picture came out
at 500k with 90% compression quality, so I've had to compress the hell
out of it to submit it. The other image came out at 33k (for 1024x768),
and considering that's at very high compression quality I decided I'm
happy with that and it really doesn't gain anything by being shown at
higher res.

Tek