POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Tourist.lua plugin, proof of concept : Re: Tourist.lua plugin, proof of concept Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:39:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tourist.lua plugin, proof of concept
From: StephenS
Date: 25 Jul 2005 10:10:33
Message: <42e4f2d9$1@news.povray.org>
> I have not had time yet to even download the plugin :-(
> However, I think the idea is interesting but is it not similar to tracking
> and panning the camera in the view window?
>
> Thomas

No, at least I don't think so.
Tracking and panning uses what Moray has seen, and does this very fast with
opengl.
Tourist plugin uses what POV-Ray has seen by moving a camera statement
around. The difference shows up when you use objects that Moray don't have a
wireframe for, example: and object defined in a InsertCode plugin. The other
major difference is the camera can be interactive with an environment. It
will not walk through walls and the height will change (walk up hill).

There is only a very small selection of scenes the plugin should be used in.
They should:
   render fast
   have an object to act as a floor to move the camera over

Comments welcome

Stephen