POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New PlugIns :) : Re: New PlugIns :) Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:49:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New PlugIns :)
From: Keith
Date: 23 Jul 2005 04:17:47
Message: <42e1fd2b$1@news.povray.org>
Hmmm, you didn't follow the instructions Steve, since the only way for this
happen is if you didn't select an object to bend in the combo box! Still
I'll release
another version that exits gracefully if you havn't selected anything to
bend.

Regards,

Keith

"Keith" <keithh666-@-yahoo-co-uk (remove and/or replace the - with .)> wrote
in message news:42e1f999$1@news.povray.org...
> Ok, thats a bug :P, its code left over from the grass include that this
> was derived from.
>
> Not sure why yours is doing it and not mine tho. Ill look into it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Keith
>
> "Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] shelbyvisioncom> wrote in message
>> Keith,
>> Thanks for the tutorial. I tried it, and I got the following error in
>> POV:
>>
>> Returned from renderer with error status
>>
>> File: bentz.pov  Line: 91
>> #declare bend_finish         = 1.000; // Finish
>>
>> #declare bend_object = object{MakePrairie <----ERROR
>>
>> Parse Error: Expected 'object', undeclared identifier 'MakePrairie' found
>> instead
>>

>> Returned from renderer with error status
>>
>> Steve Shelby
>>

>> "Keith" <keithh666-@-yahoo-co-uk (remove and/or replace the - with .)>
>> wrote in message news:42e13f64$1@news.povray.org...
>>> Hi Steve,
>>>
>>> K, step by step....
>>>

>>> 1 create a cylinder at 0,0,0, scale to 0,0,5
>>> 2 hit the bend button
>>> 3 you will see the bend representation, (remind me to create a better
>>> one) looks like an upside down cone sort of :P
>>> 4 Change Object Axis 1 to be 0,0,0
>>> 5 Change Object Axis 2  to 0,0,5