POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Possible problem with mediasky.pov (beta4) : Possible problem with mediasky.pov (beta4) Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:48:23 EDT (-0400)
  Possible problem with mediasky.pov (beta4)
From: Warp
Date: 6 May 2005 19:43:29
Message: <427c0121@news.povray.org>
scenes\advanced\mediasky.pov looks much darker with pov3.7beta4
than with pov3.6. I believe that the difference in brightness
probably can't be attributed to gamma problems in this case because
it is so pronounced (but I might be wrong, actually; the scene uses
assumed_gamma 1, and I have noticed that the more the assumed_gamma
differs from the default, the more different pov3.7beta will render
it...)

  By the way, a minor thing and probably not an issue, but at 320x240
(no aa) pov3.6 takes 1m 20s to render while pov3.7beta4 takes 1m 46s.
Is such a slowdown to be expected?

--
                                                          - Warp