POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Commenting on entries : Re: Commenting on entries Server Time
24 Apr 2024 10:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commenting on entries
From: Jim Charter
Date: 22 Feb 2005 17:25:06
Message: <421bb142$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:
> Just a thought:
>
> The IRTC has a way for just about anyone to post comments on a particular
> image (though perhaps they have to be registered).  I (and many others) have
> generally found such comments to be helpful.  I think it would be nice to
> add that feature to the POVCOMP entries, but I have no idea how much trouble
> that would be.
>
> Thanks.

My expectation is that it will garner the usual "great image!" "dude,
your image rocks!" sort of thing.

I remember when I think it was Renderdog that spearheaded an attempt to
talk about images during the "technology" round, that I picked up on.
It was a very exhausting exercise.

Which, btw, thanks to the judges for making comments on the images.
Even if brief, and technical in nature, it is still a difficult thing to
do for more than a handful of images, and I, for one, appreciated the
effort that was made.

I don't know Jeremy, this group seems as appropriate a place as any.
Maybe start a thread "What image has meaning for you and why?"