POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Images on a Sphere Sweep : Images on a Sphere Sweep Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:25:48 EDT (-0400)
  Images on a Sphere Sweep
From: Rick Measham
Date: 10 Feb 2005 07:22:11
Message: <420b51f3$1@news.povray.org>
I'm using a sphere sweep for a cat5 cable (that blue ethernet cable
hanging out the back of your computer). Along a real cable is a text
designation declaring the cable to be cat5 (or 6). I want to include
that in my model. However the shere sweep is (surprise!) not a straight
line.

Is there any way to do this? What if the sweep was made up of many REAL
spheres or cylinders (each cylinder would be a lot smaller than the text
so I can't just put the text on every nth cylinder)

Any help, as usual, will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Rick