POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Withdrawing .. darn it : Re: Withdrawing .. darn it Server Time
20 Apr 2024 00:31:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Withdrawing .. darn it
From: Phlip
Date: 1 Feb 2005 09:47:06
Message: <41ff966a@news.povray.org>
John D. Gwinner wrote:

> Well, I just missed the deadline - when I started to type this, there were
> 22 mins to go or so, but at line 440 out of 571 to go ... obviously, it's
> not going to make it.

The lesson is everyone attempting to enter the competition should have
rendered a submission quality image each weekend, from the start of the
contest until now. Then if you can't render your best version, you can
submit the second best.

Frequent releases also teach how long a render takes.

This is a "best practice" in software engineering.

--
  Phlip