POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : DAZ and megapov's simcloth : Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth Server Time
24 Apr 2024 00:55:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DAZ and megapov's simcloth
From: regdo
Date: 27 Jan 2005 16:09:07
Message: <41f95873@news.povray.org>
Le Forgeron wrote:
> Did you look instead at the 'inside_vector' option for the mesh ?
> It's section 3.4.2.3.1 of Pov-doc 3.6.1.
> Maybe that would give your mesh the solidness it need...
> Your mesh should be closed, nevertheless.

Thanks for your answer. I did not know that feature, which could be
interesting.
The problem is I can't be sure the mesh is really closed (especially if
I export only part of the character from poseray, which is what I did :
only the arm interested me, but the full character gives the same
results). I (stupidly ?) thought that the "interior" or "exterior" faces
of a mesh triangle was given by the normals, exterior being the
half-space including them for each triangle.
The inside_vector seems to be unique for a given mesh. Do you think it
could work if I put it at <0,-1,0> ?
In that case, will the top part of the arm should work right, but what
about the side parts ?
Could anyone share a sample code with a really 3d mesh (not like the
examples of the simcloth feature) which make use of inside_vector ?

Thanks for your help.